Sunday 26 January 2014

The Big Three: Origins Masks


So I was lucky enough to get my hands on 3 full sized masks from Origins for Christmas, and boy I have been indulging non stop. As I had been suffering from very dry skin this winter I was keen to try out the overnight mask, a notorious product in the beauty world. I do however, suffer from break outs a lot (even without oily skin) so the charcoal mask was second on my wishlist.



Drink Up 10 minute Mask: A light mask that smells like apricots, great for a quick burst of hydration when your skin is feeling 'blahhh' and claims to act as 'a fountain of youth'. What more could you ask for eh? To sum it up - a quick fix of algae extracts aimed for very dry skin, and a little goes a long way with this product.

Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: This mask has a thick night cream texture, designed to slowly sink into the skin and work it's magic overnight. whilst the cream is thick, it doesn't feel heavy - my skin can still breathe once applied. It contains a range of ingredients including; apricot kernel oil to replenish moisture, avocado oil and mango butters to prepare the face for the next day and Japanese seaweed to avoid further dehydration. It smells divine...think sweet mangoes!

Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: Now, unfortunately this mask doesn't smell quite as amazing as the other two but that's not the selling point... This deep cleaning mask is aimed to unclog pores and remove pollutants. It applies really easily and fully dries in around 5 minutes. One bonus for me is that it doesn't flake one bit - something I hate in masks! (flaky masks and multitasking doesn't mix well) Once dry I remove it gently with a warm cloth and my skin feels immediately fresh and purified - making breakouts fear for their lives.

Are all three worth the hype? One word - YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment