Monday 18 November 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree




The Body Shop is one of those places that once you've step foot inside you ain't leaving empty handed, and of course little old me fell right into the trap. Having suffered from break outs for months and nothing helping, I popped into The Body Shop (or should I say I intended to pop in!) and was guided straight to their Tea Tree range.

This range is developed for blemish prone skin, the natural tea tree is ideal for balancing the skin plus it's antibacterial nature sure does clear up spots. Now, in my opinion these products have the potential to work wonders. They leave your skin feeling super super clean and fresh but, and this is a bigger than average but, this range is definitely aimed at oily skin types - the tea tree dries up blemishes and reduces them in size. If, like me, your skin is slightly on the dryer side these products aren't ideal - especially in winter! Much to my disappointment they completely dried out my skin, leaving it feeling drained of moisture.

As a result, have completely set aside the foaming cleanser and facial toner from my skin care routine. As for the night lotion, I still use this but then apply a thicker, more moisturising night cream afterwards. I find the pore minimiser primer works okay, I use it every now and again when my skin is feeling extra uneven and porous. Now, the squeaky clean scrub I love - just the right amount of exfoliation, even when skin is feeling blemished and sore. I use it about 3 times a week and apply a moisturising mask afterwards to avoid over-drying the skin.

I don't regret buy these products - I'll certainly reach straight for them if my skin becomes oily in the future. For now, I will continue the pursuit of a magical product to rid my dry skin of spots forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment